At Texas Capital Bank, we are driven by a single-minded and unwavering mission: to serve business and the individuals who run them. We use a consultative approach and innovative technologies to develop new ideas that give the bank and our clients a competitive advantage. We partner with our customers to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas Capital Bank has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Richardson, Plano and San Antonio, and we serve clients in a variety of industries from coast-to-coast.
We are on the Forbes Best Banks in America list, and were named a top place to work by The Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express-News. For further information, please visit us at www.texascapitalbank.com.
• Manage the daily activities of the Energy and Centralized Participation and Syndication support team to ensure the timely and accurate processing of work including posting financial transactions in the bank’s core accounting system
• Monitor department work and quality to ensure acceptable standards are consistently met and operational risks controls are in place
• Monitor daily research and maintenance requests from internal and external customers
• Develop internal policies and procedures, which includes the routine review of existing procedures for updates as required and monitor department work to ensure policies and procedures are being followed
• Perform all personnel related functions, including applicant reviews, recruiting, interviewing and making hiring decisions, performance counseling, performance/merit reviews and terminations as required
• Participate in routine meetings with the business unit to ensure cohesive relationships and discuss ongoing portfolio activity
• Minimum of eight years of loan-related banking experience which must include at least six years commercial loan operations experience required
• Superior oral and written communication skills required
• Ability to perform independent analysis and interpretation of incoming research requests required
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with the relationship associates and relationship managers required
• Ability to develop job aides and training aides required
• Ability to readily identify needs and requirements and establish plans to ensure successful results required
• Possess superior analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to lead projects and initiatives
• Willingness to work extended hours during peak periods such as month-end and quarter-end
• High level of prioritizing and organizational skills
• Versatility to support other areas of Loan Operations
• Prefer at least two years of supervisory experience
• Experience with ACBS, AFS Level III, Fields Tickler Tracking System, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, Nautilus Imaging System and TCL is preferred