Texas Capital Bank is one of the most successful commercial banks in the country and is consistently named to Forbes Best Banks in America and The Dallas Morning News' Top Places To Work.
The bank’s Financial Crimes Compliance (FCC) team is responsible for identifying, investigating and monitoring relationships that pose a money laundering or terrorist financing risk in support of all legal and regulatory requirements relating to anti-money laundering (AML) and counter terrorism financing.
The Know Your Customer (KYC) Manager will report to the head of FCC Advisory Services and will be responsible for the management of an enhanced KYC program.
• Manage an enhanced customer acceptance, customer risk rating, enhanced due diligence, and the overall Know Your Customer (KYC) Program
• Provide KYC advisory guidance, as required, to the BSA/AML Officer and other Financial Crimes Compliance Leadership
• Provide leadership, training and feedback to the KYC team
• Manage KYC related projects including remediation and enhancement projects
• Ensure deliverables are met while working within a highly matrixed organization
• Design and apply mitigating controls for customers whose risk profile warrants them
• Manage client risk effectively by collaborating and supporting the bankers during client selection process
• Manage consultants, as needed
• Bachelor’s degree or applicable years of experience
• Seven or more years of experience in Customer Acceptance/Know Your Customer (KYC) programs
• Subject matter expertise in KYC, CIP, CDD, EDD, and Customer Risk Rating Practices
• Prior experience acting in an advisory capacity with bankers and leadership; ability to navigate complex client relationships and product usage
• Prior leadership experience required and experience leading Customer Acceptance/KYC teams preferred
• Prior project management experience preferred
• Association of Certified Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) certification preferred
• Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
• Strong organization skills with a proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Strong planning and implementation skills
• Effective oral and written interpersonal communication skills