At Texas Capital Bank, we are driven by a single-minded and unwavering mission: to serve business and the individuals who run them. We use a consultative approach and innovative technologies to develop new ideas that give the bank and our clients a competitive advantage. We partner with our customers to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas Capital Bank has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Richardson, Plano and San Antonio, and we serve clients in a variety of industries from coast-to-coast.
We are on the Forbes Best Banks in America list, and were named a top place to work by The Dallas Morning News and San Antonio Express-News. For further information, please visit us at www.texascapitalbank.com.
Within TCB Labs, our mission is To Expedite Efficient Exploration, Assessment and Adoption of Emerging Technologies to create sustained competitive advantage for Texas Capital Bank.
• Responsible for conceptualizing new ideas, researching the new ideas, and evaluating them objectively from a market and financial standpoint
• Coordinate the bank’s 5 year roadmap in partnership with business sponsors, finance, and strategic planning
• Think strategically and tactically, to design and implement transformation deliverables, with a client-centric focus and the flexibility to adjust to new innovations, regulations and priorities
• Responsible for setting strategic direction of new products and initiatives and developing detailed plans to implement
• Responsible for extraction and documentation of knowledge from subject matter experts via facilitated sessions
• Research various innovation topics including Artificial Intelligence, Robotic Process Automation, Blockchain technologies, etc.
• Coordinate Proofs of Concepts, documenting anticipated goals, the process, and results
• Document business cases to bring Proofs of Concepts to production including financial analysis
• Document, provide, and present executive level status updates and reports
• Administer tools to facilitate labs research, proofs of concepts, and roadmap items
• Assess business opportunities for implementation of advanced technologies
• Works with the Business Sponsors and Project Managers to develop overall implementation dependencies
• Lead ongoing communication and feedback cadence with teams and stakeholders
• Partner with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g., Digital and Technology) across the TCB lines of businesses (e.g., Corporate & Commercial Bank)
• Gather business needs through research, data analysis, user experience analysis and testing, competitive research and any other relevant tools
• Deliver solutions with an equal focus on the operational/business models as well as the technology solution
• Stay current with developments in the financial services industry, focusing on Commercial Banking, through extensive research of new product innovations, competitors, and emerging technologies
The duties listed above are the essential functions, or fundamental duties within the job classification. The essential functions of individual positions within the classification may differ. Texas Capital Bank may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees consistent with standard departmental policy.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 5+ years of Commercial Banking ($10B+ in assets) experience required, 7+ years preferred
• 2+ years of Experience designing and successfully leading large change initiatives required
• Prior experience in innovation/strategy development for top tier companies and/or with top strategy consultancy with experience (and comfort) leading and influencing teams required
• Passionate, highly motivated, self-driven, proven track record of delivering results, and strong orientation to making a change required
• Familiarity and fluency with strategic and innovation frameworks required
• Must be detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and manage priorities
• Prior experience working independently to consistently meet deadlines
• Demonstrated experience working under pressure and time constraints; excellent time management skills required
• Ability to manage and deliver through ambiguous requirements; outstanding written, oral and facilitation experience required
• Passion for process innovation, design and technology required
• Outstanding financial, analytical, research and presentation skills; exceptionally strong PowerPoint skills with ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas
• Experience delivering results through a matrix organization and influencing without direct authority
• Excellent relationship management skills - experience managing relationships across a variety of internal cross functional departments and externally with vendors and clients
• Prior experience facilitating with subject matter experts and document output
• Ability to obtain, analyze and synthesize information
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills required
• Working knowledge of Design Thinking, Six Sigma, Process Re-engineering preferred
• Previous professional, consultative representation experience to both internal and external business partners
• Ability to wear different hats and portray different roles – project manager, business analyst, subject matter expert, innovation specialist, etc